- Private Health Insurance Coverage
- Things to Think About No Matter Which Type of Insurance You Have
- Covered Services
- In Network Provider
- Out of Network Provider
- Out-of-Pocket Costs
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Medicaid and CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Plan)
- How to Enroll
- Finding a Medicaid Provider
- Does the plan allow seeking out and using specialists that you need?
- Which hospitals can you use?
- Does the policy cover the type of medicines you need?
- Does the plan cover the specific procedures and therapies you need?
- Does the plan limit the number of times per year that a certain item or procedure will be covered?
- Does the plan cover assistive technology?
- Does the policy cover assessment for mental and physical disorders?
- Is there a lifetime maximum limit on what the policy will cover?
- Making Your Policy Work For Your Special Needs
- A deductible, which is a set dollar amount you will pay before your insurance begins to pay its percentage. You pay full price to the providers until you have reached that set dollar amount. After that, you will pay only co-insurance and co-payments.
- Co-insurance, which is your percentage after you have reached your deductible. For example, if you have 20% co-insurance, you will only pay 20% of in-network costs, and your insurance will pay the remaining 80%.
- A co-payment, which is a fixed dollar amount you pay for covered service at each visit or purchase of prescriptions. Sometimes your co-payments will count towards your out of pocket maximum, depending on your plan. Also, there may be a lower co-payment for generic medications.
- Out-of-Pocket Maximum, which is the most you will pay out-of-pocket in a benefit year for medical services. This amount includes your deductible, co-insurance, and sometimes co-payments. Once you have paid this amount, your insurance covers 100% of your in-network costs for the remainder of the benefit year.
- Inpatient hospital services
- Outpatient hospital services
- *EPSDT: Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment Services
- Nursing Facility Services
- Home health services
- Physician services
- Rural health clinic services
- Federally qualified health center services
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Family planning services
- Nurse Midwife services
- Certified Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioner services
- Freestanding Birth Center services (when licensed or otherwise recognized by the state)
- Transportation to medical care
- Tobacco cessation counseling for pregnant women
Health Insurance Marketplace HealthCare.gov
Also known as the health insurance exchange, the Health Insurance Marketplace helps uninsured people find health coverage that meets their needs and budget. Part of the Affordable Care Act.
Take Care Utah
Health insurance outreach and enrollment assistance to Utah residents. Also provides training and resources to community-based organizations that assist Utah's diverse populations and needs. All services are provided free of charge; a partnership between the Association for Utah Community Health (AUCH), the Utah Health Policy Project (UHPP), and the United Way 2-1-1.
List of states and number of programs for each state.
Insure Kids Now
Your child or teen may qualify for no-cost or low-cost health insurance coverage through Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Many parents may also be eligible.
Social Security Administration
Disability determinations are generally made by a disability determination service (DDS) and can take several months. However, if a child has a diagnosis that provides for presumptive eligibility, a letter from the doctor certifying the diagnosis and its severity will allow for the patient to begin to receive services for up to 6 months while the application is being processed.
Utah Insurance Department
Fosters a healthy insurance market by promoting fair, reasonable and responsive practices that ensure available, affordable and reliable insurance products and services.
Tracking Medical Bills ( 125 KB)
This form, developed for Tennessee's Family Information Notebook, provides a way to track bills including dates, insurance company, who paid, and more. For a PDF version and other forms, see the Care Notebook page.
See all Health Insurance Advocacy services providers (15) in our database.
See all Health Insurance, Other services providers (68) in our database.
See all Health Insurance/Funding, Transition services providers (42) in our database.
See all Public Health Services services providers (56) in our database.
For other services related to this condition, browse our Services categories or search our database.