- What is XXY syndrome and what causes it?
- What are the symptoms of XXY syndrome?
- How is it diagnosed?
- What is the prognosis?
- What is the risk for other family members or future babies?
- What treatments/therapies/medications are recommended or available?
- How will my child and our family be impacted?
- Will my child be able to father children?
- If my son does have sperm extraction and fathers a child, will that child also have XXY syndrome?
- Rounded body type, overweight
- Hand tremors
- Decreased activity and endurance level
- Sleep abnormalities
- Difficulties in social situations (shy, immature, passive) with low self esteem
- Easily frustrated
- Autistic features
Klinefelter Syndrome Support Group
Links to support groups, information sources, and studies; started by a man who was not diagnosed with XXY syndrome until adulthood.
XXY Syndrome Support Group (AAKAIS)
Lists local support groups and meeting schedules; American Association for Klinefelter Syndrome Information and Support.
XXY Syndrome (MedlinePlus)
Brief information about causes, symptoms, tests, treatment, possible complications, and support groups; U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Klinefelter Syndrome (Genetics Home Reference)
Excellent, detailed review of condition for patients and families; U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Klinefelter Syndrome (GARD)
Information about cause, inheritance, treatment, and more of Klinefelter or XXY syndrome; Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center.
A Guide to Klinefelter Syndrome (AAKSIS)
Two-page brochure introducing basic concepts about the condition; American Association for Klinefelter Syndrome Information & Support.
What is Klinefelter Syndrome? (GSLC)
A brief overview of the genetics of Klinefelter (XXY) syndrome; Genetic Science Learning Center at the University of Utah.
See all Developmental - Behavioral Pediatrics services providers (5) in our database.
See all Developmental Pediatrics services providers (5) in our database.
See all Family Counseling services providers (257) in our database.
See all Mental Health Counselors (LPC, CMHC) services providers (308) in our database.
See all Occupational Therapy, Pediatric services providers (42) in our database.
See all Pediatric Endocrinology services providers (2) in our database.
See all Pediatric Genetics services providers (5) in our database.
See all Pediatric Urology services providers (2) in our database.
See all Physical Therapy services providers (62) in our database.
See all Psychologist, Child-18 services providers (151) in our database.
See all Speech/Language Therapy services providers (80) in our database.
For other services related to this condition, browse our Services categories or search our database.