- What are your hours of operation?
- Do you have appointments available after-hours?
- Is help available for on-call or emergency services?
Payment and Billing
- Do you accept ________insurance? (fill in the name of your insurance company)
- Do you allow a sliding payment scale for those without insurance?
- Do you have a cash discount?
- Do you accept payments?
- Do you have charity care or third party payment plans?
- Do you accept Medicaid?
- Is co-payment due at the time of service?
- What is the average cost per visit?
- Are translation services available if needed? (Agencies receiving federal funding are required to offer translation for Medicaid patients.)
- Is there someone on your staff who is fluent in a language besides English? (If so, what languages?)
- Do you provide transportation services?
- How close to the bus/train stop is your facility?
- Which bus stop is closest to your clinic?
- Is your facility wheelchair accessible?
- Are the rooms able to accommodate a wheelchair?
- How do you weigh a child in a wheelchair?
- What kind of bathroom facilities do you offer for a disabled and/or older child with incontinence?
Clinic Practices and Policies
- What do you do to help the child be less likely to get illnesses from other children who are sick?
- Do you have separate areas for both well children and sick children?
- It usually takes more time to treat a person with complex illnesses, are you able to accommodate that?
- Does your practice have rules or guidelines about parent participation and observation?
- Are siblings or other family members welcome during sessions?
- What age ranges do you serve? (ie: specialize in pediatrics/school-age or adolescents, etc.)
- How will you handle the transition of my child as they grow and eventually become an adult?
- Do you have equipment to work with children?
- How much of your business is children-based?
- What experiences have you had with (insert diagnosis)?
- What is your comfort level in working with (insert diagnosis)?
- What are your degree and certifications, and from what issuing institutions?
|Compiled and edited by:||Mindy Tueller, MS - 6/2014|
Utah Regional Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and related Disabilities (URLEND) Trainee group for their effort on this project.